Wednesday, October 19, 2011

my sweet little peanut.




My Bristol baby is 2 months old. How is this possible? I feel like I just found out I was pregnant, then having our gender reveal party and finally, popping her out of me :) Too graphic? sorry. In all seriousness, I am the luckiest woman alive to be the mom of this precious angel. I love her oh so much and have so much fun with her everyday.

We had her 2 month appointment on Monday and with her being sick, we decided not to do the shots until next Friday. Good thing, because Bristol and I both cried at the dr. She was crying for obvious reasons, she is sick. Congestion, coughing, sneezing and her poor little ear was bothering her. Me? Why was I crying? Well she has only gained 1lb since 2 weeks old. How is THAT possible? I knew she wasn't going to be in the 95 percentile for her age, but shoot, 6th percentile? It shocked me and I guess I wasn't prepared for that news. She is only in the 23 percentile for her height. So my friends, I have a little peanut, which I am totally and utterly ok with, because she is healthy and happy - that's all that matters, right? So this week and next week we are really working on packing on the lbs on that sweet little body of hers. While I'm trying to lose weight, she needs to gain. I'm hoping for at least a pound or two by next Friday. The Dr. isn't concerned and didn't really suggest I supplement but I am giving her one bottle of formula. Not my idea for gaining weight, but I want to make sure she is getting enough food. I'm having some issues with my boobs making enough milk. I'm going to talk to a lactation consultant in the next couple days.

Here is what's going on with miss priss....

*9 lbs 8 ounces
*22 inches long
* sleeps from 11:30pm - 4:30 - 5:00am, goes back to sleep till about 9 am. then takes a nap at 11-2....overall, pretty good sleeper :)
* still in newborn clothes
* wearing size 1 diapers, WAYYY too big, but the newborns seem to be just a little snug.
*doesn't like her carseat anymore - always gets fussy when in the car
*discovered her feet for the first time the other day
*loves to smile, especially at her momma
*only likes tummy time for about 5 minutes and then will let you know she is done!
*her eyes are getting more blue everyday
*people always comment on her "red" hair. I'm not sure where the HECK they see red. If anything, it's a light brown with a hint ( small ) hint of auburn. Mine was that color and turned blonde
* still loves her baths
* loves laying in her crib after bath time
* loves sitting in her nap nanny after eating
* used to like changing her diaper but now she gets upset from time to time
* enjoys being outside and looking around
*when feeding, she is so bright eyed while eating a bottle but when nursing, her eyes are always closed
* still loves to be swaddled in her miracle blanket with paci in her mouth.
* loves being rocked to sleep and will fall asleep with her mouth open, cutest thing ever
* she listens to "white noise" while going down for naps and bedtime. my life wouldn't be the same without it
* definitely knows who her momma is. She can pick me out in a room, respond to my voice....it's amazing
* we watch price is right every morning and she loves it. Her nannie, my grandma who Bristol is named after loved prices right.

Ok - so that's all this fried brain can think of right now :) We love our little peanut more and more everyday and couldn't imagine out life without her. LOVE YOU SWEET GIRL!


3 comments:

Brooke said...

She's gorgeous! And you can only imagine the comments we get on a daily basis about Max's red hair (and his cheeks :)). Happy 2 months Bristol!

Bethany Freede said...

You're right! As long as she is healthy and happy thats all at matters! Im sorry you had such a hard visit. There a time in the beginning for us that they were monitoring Max's weight too and it's hard bc you feel like you aren't doing something right. Clearly that can change if you've seen my child recently! I dont want to dish out advice since you didnt ask, but I did a few things that I think helped my milk supply a TON and Max started gaining about a pound a week!! I would love to share if you're interested!

Aja Speights said...

Oh my word--she is beautiful. Looking forward to hanging out with y'all soon! I hope all goes well with the shots--we're doing that this week too. :(