Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Lord is good to me....

And so I thank the Lord. For giving me the things I need. The sun, the rain and the apple seeds. Oh the Lord is good to me. Amen. Amen. Amen. Amen. Amen. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen.

I love that little preschool song. So simple and oh so true. I sing this song to Bristol 56 times a day and she loves it. I love that she loves it. In fact, I sing her all the preschool songs I sang to my sweet babies last year. I love knowing that she is learning these songs and by the time she gets to CCA, she will be a pro at them :) Back to the song. It's such a sweet, simple song and I find myself singing the song many times during the day, even when I'm not singing it to Bristol. The Lord is good to me and many times I have to ask why? Why is he good to me? I am a sinner. I sin everyday and yet, he gives me things I need, want and sometimes don't need and don't want. He is a mighty giver and a big lover. He loves me, despite all my imperfections. He is good to me, despite my sinning actions. Thank you God for loving me for me. Thank you Lord for blessing me with so many things that I don't deserve but you bless me anyway.

Speaking of blessings, I'd love to share some recent blessings. I have been blessed to be part of a play group consisting of sweet new moms and sweet precious babies. I love being a part of a group like this because it's an outlet for Bristol and I. These babies will all grow up together and there is something so wonderful about that. I moved several times when I was younger and so I never had the same friends, I was always having to make new ones. Knowing that Bristol will know these friends for a long time makes my heart smile. This group is such a blessing in our lives right now. Another blessing is that Brandon and I recently joined a first family ( small group) at our church. My parents have been in the same first family since we started going to FCCC 17 plus years ago. I grew up going to first family and when Brandon and I got married, I wanted to be part of a group badly. I had prayed and prayed but nothing came our way. Recently, we were asked to be part of a new first family and boy, was that an answered prayer. We love our group and look forward to each get together we have. Another blessing that has just come our way is that we joined our churches slow pitch softball team. This might sound silly but softball and sports has always been a huge part of my life and Brandon's. We were playing on a team before we had Bristol and we quite because there was too much drama and I couldn't handle it anymore, so Brandon and I decided to not play anymore. We knew a season was coming up and we asked one of the guys in our first family about the team and he asked if we wanted to play. OF COURSE, YES! Sign me up! So now, every Friday, we will be playing 2 games and I am oh so happy about it. We are excited to get to spend this time together doing something we really enjoy.

There isn't much else going on in the Barron House. Same ole' same ole'.

Until next time...

0 comments: