Thursday, February 9, 2012

facebook


It was a couple of weeks ago that a thought popped into my head " get off facebook". No, not just log out but officially get rid of my account. I've thought this a couple times before but never took it seriously. The thought kept coming into my head randomly throughout my days. I knew that was a sign, so I got the courage ( yeah, it took some courage and strength) to deactivate my account.

I found myself on facebook wayyyyyy toooooooo much. It never took me away from taking care of Bristol but it took me away from getting things done around the house like dishes, laundry, cleaning bottles and most of all, school work. I'm going to be honest here, I was addicted. I used facebook for several different reasons. 1. to keep in touch with family 2. keep in touch with friends i don't get to see often 3. an outlet for advice from my momma friends 4. to stalk people
(in a non creepy way)

Do I miss facebook? Sometimes. I really do feel better without it but there are times when I want to see whatever everyone is up to. But really, since not being on it anymore, I have gotten a lot of stuff done and it feels good. I'm sure I will get back on, just not sure when.

I'm glad I made this decision. Brandon almost fell over when I told him about it, haha.

Also, not being on facebook has allowed me to blog more and that makes me happy.


2 comments:

JD said...

I looked for you last week because I wanted to post something on your wall and I couldn't find you and I had the most ridiculous sad face. But, yes, closing down your account can always be a big thing. I go through droughts with FB and I always feel refreshed when I'm not worrying about other people's business. Anyway, I hope you girls are well. I know we keep saying it, but we need to hang out!

laura said...

Hi. We don't know each other but I've come across your blog a few times. I thinker know some of the same people.

Anyway, I quit FB in December 2010 and stayed off until July 2011. It was great. People would say, "didn't you know about such and such?" and I'd say, "no bc you didn't actually tell me." ha.

I felt like I made better connections with people during that time.

Anyway, good for you. I hope you enjoy your time off. And I saw you were having sleep problems. We did it all wrong with my first and she's still a horrible sleeper. With my second we did "Healthy Sleep Habits Heathly Child." My 2nd is the best sleeper ever and first is a little better bc of it. Check it out if you want, but I hope things go well with your new method!