Thursday, January 27, 2011

i love you to heaven and back.

You know when you're having a bad day, all you want to do is crawl into a hole and get away from everyone and everything? Well, I had that day today at work. I hate to complain, I really do, but I blame it on the hormones right now, ok? Today was just one of those days that everything that happened got on my nerves, wanted to make me cry and wanted to throw in the towel and just go back home and crawl into bed. I haven't had one of these days in a long long long time and I'm not quite sure this is the time to be having one. But, although I was having a bad day, I had a few sweet, precious and unexpected moments with some of my favorite little babies.

Don't you just like when an act of kindness is made and you weren't expecting it? Especially when it is expressed from a 4 year old? It really makes those gloomy moments you are having bright again.

Let me share what happened today.

During chapel, we were praying. As I am sitting there, I had two of my little girls just come and put their arms around me and snuggle up to me while we were praying. There was nothing more that I needed at that moment than those 2 little girls right next to me.

I was sitting in a chair ( the little itty bitty ones that break my back everyday, haha) and I was just watching what the kids were doing and all of a sudden one of my girls came up to me, gave me hug and a kiss on the cheek. Which was then followed by my favorite red headed girlie who had to give me the biggest bear hug ever.

While we were doing our morning meeting time, I had another one of my sweet girls say "Ms. Kellianne, I have to tell you something. I just wanted to say that I love you to heaven and back". How precious it that? It came right at the perfect time.

These little stories are the exact reason why I love what I do and love to teach. Although I can have a no good very bad day, my babies can make that no good very bad day a better day. Sometimes we wonder why chooses us to be in certain places, well things like this confirms that I am exactly where I need to be.


1 comments:

French Lover said...

Your blog is adorable :) I love it ! I'll definitely be back for more !! Gros bisous from Paris !