Tuesday, January 18, 2011

amen!

Let's put all this pregnancy stuff on hold, sorry baby barron. I wanted to share with you an email that my daddy sent me that his friend wrote. I believe in standing up for what I believe in, but I also believe in giving respect where respect is due. I serve a God that is everlasting and all loving and I will raise my child in the likeness of the Lord.

Please take a second and read what this email says. I firmly stand behind each word, each sentence and each phrase.



> >>>> I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for
> >>>> singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December. I don't agree with Darwin , but I
> >>>> didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his
> >>>> Theory of Evolution.
> >>>> Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered because
> >>>> someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game. So what's the big
> >>>> deal? It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire Book of
> >>>> Acts. They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking him to
> >>>> grant safety to the players on the field and the fans going home from the
> >>>> game.
> >>>> But it's a Christian prayer, some will argue.
> >>>> Yes, and this is the United States of America and Canada, countries
> >>>> founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book,
> >>>> Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1. So what
> >>>> would you expect -- somebody chanting Hare Krishna?
> >>>> If I went to a football game in Jerusalem , I would expect to hear a
> >>>> Jewish prayer.
> >>>> If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad, I would expect to hear a Muslim
> >>>> prayer.
> >>>> If I went to a ping pong match in China , I would expect to hear someone
> >>>> pray to Buddha.
> >>>>
> >>>> And I wouldn't be offended. It wouldn't bother me one bit.
> >>>> When in Rome.....
> >>>> But what about the atheists? Is another argument. What about them? Nobody
> >>>> is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection
> >>>> plate. Just humour us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a
> >>>> Walkman or a pair of ear plugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession
> >>>> stand. Call yourlawyer!
> >>>> Unfortunately,one or two will make that call. One or two will tell
> >>>> thousands what they can and cannot do. I don't think a short prayer at a
> >>>> football game is going to shake the world's foundations.
> >>>> Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our
> >>>> courts strip us of all our rights. Our parents and grandparents taught us
> >>>> to pray before eating, to pray before we go to sleep. Our Bible tells us
> >>>> to pray without ceasing. Now a handful of people and their lawyers are
> >>>> telling us to cease praying.
> >>>> God, help us. And if that last sentence offends you,well,just sue me.
> >>>> The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we tell that one
> >>>> or two who scream loud enough to be heard that the vast majority doesn't
> >>>> care what they want. It is time that the majority rules! It's time we
> >>>> tell them,"You don't have to pray; you don't have to say the
> >>>> Pledge of Allegiance; you don't have to believe in God or attend
> >>>> services that honour Him. That is your right, and we will honour your
> >>>> right; but by golly, you are no longer going to take our rights away. We
> >>>> are fighting back, and we WILL WIN!"
> >>>> God bless us one and all...Especially those who denounce
> >>>> Him, God bless America and Canada , despite all our faults, We are still
> >>>> the greatest nations of all. God bless our service men
> >>>> who are fighting to protect our right to pray and worship God.
> >>>>
> >>>> Let's make 2011 the year the silent majority is heard and we put God back
> >>>> as the foundation of our families and institutions. And our military
> >>>> forces come home from all the wars.
> >>>> Keep looking up.

0 comments: