Friday, August 12, 2011

just kick me!


Went to the Dr. Today. I'm 2 centimeters dilated. My Dr., well actually, she isn't my Dr., this is a fill in while mine has been on vacation for the past 2 weeks. Anyway, she said that everything looks good and I could have a baby in a week or so. I'll be 39 weeks on Monday. I was actually hooked up to one of those machines that track the heartbeat, contractions and movement. The reason why I was on the machine is because I really hadn't felt Bristol move this morning or last night. I was worried. She is a big time mover and shaker at night and I really didn't feel her move. I actually laid down in bed last night and said a little prayer to God " Dear Lord, please give Bristol the ability to move right now, even if it's just a little kick or nudge. I need the reassurance that she is still OK.

Sidenote: I've heard 2 stories in the last 2 days about babies dying. One at birth due to water on the brain and then the other at 8 months gestation. So my fear has definitely sky-rocketed since I heard about both stories.

So back to my story. I prayed to God and about 20 seconds later, I felt a kick. I then proceeded to ask God, ok, can she move a little more, even if it means her keepign me up all night? Well, I felt one more kick and that was it. So this morning the Dr. wanted to monitor Bristol, and that is what we did. I laid on the bed in the room, played on my room, pushed the button everytime I felt her move. Come to find out, at the same time I was having contractions. Painless ones, I'm sure Braxton Hicks, you know, he's my best friend.

So things are moving right along. Could be any day now. I'm just waiting for the first "real" contraction to hit. I'm sure I'll be grabbing the bags and saying " LET'S GO!" :)

As promised, here is a picture. It has no meaning to this post. Well, it has meaning because it's my mom and I but no relevance in regards to the subject of this post. This was taken May 22, 2011 on my parent's 35th wedding anniversary dinner at the best resturante ever, I mean Taste of Texas.

Love my momma.

0 comments: