Tuesday, November 16, 2010

hummingbirds


I'm a hummingbird, my preschool class that is. It's ironic my class is called the hummingbirds because my mamie ( grandma : my mom's mom) LOVES hummingbirds. She is actually obsessed with them. So, naturally, when I heard my class was called the hummingbirds, I immediately thought of my mamie's love for them. I'm going to be honest though, I was kind of disapointed when I found out the name. I thought, why can't we be the Zebras, Leopards, Giraffes or Monkeys. It's easy to find all things zebra, leopard, giraffe or monkey. Not so easy finding hummingbird things. For the record, I'm over it now, haha. I am glad we are called the hummingbirds, after all, that is what God chose us to be. The class name suites my babies perfect.

I get a good laugh when I look at this picture. You can't make everyone happy, right? I love this kids. I pray for them everyday and thank God that I am getting to be a part of their little lives. I love taking pictures of them. Capturing the fun things they do at school, the time they spend with their friends and to document this year of their life that they won't remember when they are probably, oh..... 26 years of age, like me.

Dear God,
Thank you for choosing me to be a part of these little angels lives. I am truly blessed by them everyday. Although I might get upset or seem short tempered from time to time, I am constantly reminded that you love these little children and you have made them to be the little people they are. May you continue to live in the hummingbirds hearts and may your spirit flourish in our classroom daily. I love you and thank you for all you do.

Amen.

0 comments: