Thursday, March 6, 2008

meet our kids

Meet my sweet little pups. Rocky ( pictured below with me) and Nakona pictured with Brandon are both Shih Tzu's and pretty much the loves of my life OTHER THAN Brandon ( He'll disagree with me on that, he'll say I love them more than him). It's kinda weird that Brandon is with Nakona and I'm with Rocky, usually it's the other way around.

Rocky is the boy, can't you tell? He is ALL boy, weighing in at a whopping 18-20 lbs ( give or take ). He is one big Shih Tzu but the most loving dog in the world. He doesn't ask for much and when he does ask for much its kisses, "rubs", and hugs. We call him our "lover boy", haha b/c he is so lovingAnd I'm dead serious about all 3 of those. :) He LOVES to swim!!!!!!! During the summers he is all about jumping into the pool. If there is a raft in the pool he WILL jump in it regardless of anyone being in the pool. He just loves to be with "his people" ( so my dad says, hehe). Rocky is very, well how do I put it, anal about things? There are just some things that he DOES NOT let you do to him. But all in all, I love this dog, he always makes me smile no matter what.He is our little cubby bear. My family is obsessed with him and so am I! :)


Now on to Nakona. I named her Nakona because my softball glove brand is Nokona, but I chose to spell it different. She is our miss priss and princess pea. She walks around the house like she is a diva- which is totally not like me. She weighs in at a whopping 9lbs- SUPER tiny compared to Rocky. It's funny to see them together b/c she is so small compared to him. She, on the other hand, hates to swim, hates taking a bath ( but is so good when she gets in there, its weird?), and she is not as loving as Rocky. Although, she will let you do ANYTHING and when I say anything, I truly mean that. She will let you hold her like a baby, turn her over on her back for a belly rub, you can do anything to her and she doesn't put up a fight. Her favorite thing is getting her belly rubbed. ( see picture below, excuse the little jean diaper, she was , well on her womanly thing) She loves to sit on pillows, thats why we call her princess pea, if there is a pillow , she's on it. She loves carrots, as Rocky does too. She almost lost her right eye due to a ulcer that attacked her whole eye but luckily extensive care ( from mom- that'd be me - 3 different eye drops every hour for 1 week straight, along with surgery- sleepless nights) she did not lose her eye. It looks like she has one blue eye and one brown eye. My family loves this little girl and well, we baby her, maybe because she is so small and cute? :)

So there is a little bit about our kids! They are my kids and if you are one of those people who hate people who think their dogs are their kids, well, I'm sorry! These are my babies and until I have children of my own with Brandon, they will continue to be spoiled little pups :)

Hope you all are having a great week and an even greater weekend!

2 comments:

The Doty's Dish said...

Yay!!! another blog...and I totally consider myself a mother of three...with two older sons, and a beautiful two legged daughter!!

Valerie said...

SHIH TZUS!!!! stewie baby is a shih tzu.. :)

do they do that begging thing where they sit up on their hind legs and move their arms back and forth like they're pleading with you. i think that might be the only trick that Stewie knows!

you babies are adorable.. i like carrying stewie around on my hip like a baby. isn't it fun?!