Wednesday, April 18, 2012

300 and 8 months


Today is my 300th post, whoa! I believe I started my blog in 2007 and now 300 posts later, it's still kickin'. My blog has been a place for me to be transparent, real and honest ( pretty much, all those words mean the same thing but listing them makes it look better, ha!). I'm sure there have been times when I have said things that people haven't agreed with, liked or I might have offended someone. But it's my blog and I feel that I can say what I want and when I want, so there. But most of all, I truly have enjoyed documenting my life via blog form and also adding pictures along the way. I think it will be neat to look back at this in 20 years and see where I was and how far I have come.



More importantly that my 300th post, my baby turned 8 months old on April 15. My oh my, how time is flying by. Bristol is the light of my life and I couldn't imagine my life without her. Just over the last couple weeks she has gotten a little personality full of giggles. She loves to play peek-a-boo, grab her puppies, go outside, roll over and watch mickey mouse. Her face lights up when daddy walks in the door from work. Lately, when we go on walks, she falls right sleep in her stroller, which by the way, she barely fits in. Bristol is still very tiny. People often think she is only 5-6 months old. I love that she is tiny, it makes it easy on me, especially with her clothes, she has been getting to wear a lot of them and the same with diapers.


My sweet girl is still a great eater. So far, out of all the food she has tried, she has loved everything except avocado. She still eats about 2 meals a day with bottles in between. She still cries when she is finished eating but will stop quickly once she gets her paci. Once she is finished drinking her bottle, we have to take away very fast and hide it, because if she sees it, she will want it and then throws a fit. She has some good eyes! And ears! Both of those body parts work amazingly!

She still wears a bow or flower on her head when we are in public. In fact, one time, I didn't put a bow on her head before we left the house. Brandon noticed and looked at me and said " Babe, she isn't wearing a bow.... are you ok?" HAHA! He knows that she HAS to have a bow on her head or flower. She has beautifully long eyelashes, JUST LIKE HER DADDY. Before she was born, actually, before children were even in the picture, I always told Brandon that I hope our baby would have long eyelashes like him. :) God heard my request.

Loving this weather lately so we've been going on some walks. She was tuckered out from a hard day of rolling around. She has mastered the art of rolling and it makes me so happy. Therapy has been a saving grace and I am so thankful she goes. She loves her therapists and has adapted so well. The other day I was changing her diaper on the floor in her bedroom, I took the diaper off and turned to the right to get the new diaper, before my eyes, she had rolled over and her tooshie was sticking up in the air! I laughed soo hard. She kept rolling back and forth and then I realized that she might pee so I got the new diaper on FAST.

We are teaching her to wave hi and it's precious when she does it. Of course, she will only do it when she wants but that's ok. In the picture above she is waving :) This was with her daddy at his school ,they had their school carnival, daddy was in the dunk tank. This was in his classroom before we ventured out to the carnival. We wanted to eat in peace and quiet :) She still has to wear a bib 24/7, except when she is sleeping. She has been spitting up more lately because of teething. I think it has caused her some discomfort because she hasn't been acting herself lately.

Her feet FINALLY touch the ground in her bouncer. This has been a LONG TIME coming. Now that they can touch the floor, she has realized that she can bounce. It makes her so happy that she can move and groove in the bouncer. She loves to spin things, it's so cute. She has several toys that you can spin and she goes to town on those. Bristol still takes 2 naps a day and her sleeping has gotten better. KNOCK ON WOOD! She loves to read books, pat them and smile when she is being read to. Loves mickey mouse and minnie mouse so much! She has a minnie mouse doll and when she sees it she goes crazy! It's so cute! Bristol loves to be in the baby bjorn when we are in public.

My little girl is growing up so fast. It's hard to believe that August will be here before I know it! I can't wait to see what the up and coming months have in store for Bristol Elaine!




0 comments: