Tuesday, August 18, 2009

as one door closes

Another one opens, right? 

I quit my job ( this is where your mouth drops to the floor because you are shocked). Actually, I'm sure none of you are shocked. I've been quite transparent about my job and how I have felt lately. So, yeah, I quit my job. Was it the best decision to be made? I am not sure, but I do know that I have a sense of relief that fills my body, so maybe it is a good decision. 

Have you ever quit a job? If you haven't, it's such a catch 22 situation. Well, in my case, it is. I have love hate relationship with my job. I love it, because I have made friends from all walks of life who I consider good friends. I hate my job, well.... just read my previous posts, you'll get the idea. My co-workers are happy for me. They are sad to see me go, but happy that I am finally going to be happy. I'm happy that they are happy for me. 

So as this door closes, another one opens. I did get another job. Is it my dream job? No. Is it going to be stressfree and easy? No. But I can say that I will love this job for what it's worth.IT is  ONE STREET away from the ADA, crazy huh? My skanchy's ( my girls at work ) and I have already made lunch plans :) I am looking forward to what this job has in store and hoping for new opportunities along the way. 

Now....onto to Brandon. My husband has landed a long term sub job at Schiff Elementary in Sienna Plantation. He will start in October and it will end in December. This is a GREAT opportunity for Brandon has he starts his teaching career. We are so thankful for this experience that Brandon is about to embark on. He is very excited annnnnnd also nervous. But I know he will be a GREAT teacher. In the meantime - he will be subbing around FBISD and hoping that he will land a full-time teaching position. Praise God for this!

As Brandon and I's lives are changing, a little more than what we thought, we are thankful and greatful for the oppotunities and experiences that we have had and are going to have in the future. We know and trust that God has a plan for us and we will abide by his word. God is good and he is good all the time. 

So I am asking you, my faithful readers to keep us in your prayers through the transitions we are about to embark on. 

Next post .... Wisconsin pictures!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! I'll definitely be praying for you guys. What an exciting time :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I have been stalking your blog for awhile, but we have a few of the same friends and were at ACU at the same time .... so it's not that weird, right?! Anyways, I will be praying for you and your hubby!

Unknown said...

i hope you TOTALLY enjoy your new job SO much more than your previous one!!