Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bristol is ONE!


How is my baby ONE already? Time sure does fly and that has been a phrase that I have said many times over the last year. I can't believe I had a baby a year ago. She is the biggest blessing, greatest joy and the brightest light in my life. Over the past year I have learned so much about being a mom and I am continuing to learn about being a momma and learning about Bristol everyday. We had so much fun together over the last year. There are many moments that I can remember that stick out in my mind. I remember when we gave her her first bath and during the bath she pooped everywhere, all over the side of the tub, I just laughed and laughed. OR the time that she cried and cried for hours on end in the middle of the night. I tried everything to calm her and nothing worked. At about 3am I took her to get a bath and that calmed her. I thought I was super mom. I remember the time that I gave her oatmeal for the first time, she did great. And the times when we went to physical therapy every friday, she did great there too. I anticipated Bristol getting teeth for almost her whole first year of life and then just over the last couple weeks 2 have popped through. There are so many sweet memories that I have stored in my brain that I will never let go of. I can't wait to make more memories with my sweet girl over the next 12 months.


 First family picture since she was a newborn, can you believe that? And by family picture, I mean professionally taken. It's hard for me to take our own family pictures :) 

 The cake table turned our great! We had the big cake, smash cake and 3 pictures on display. One picture was of Bristol, the next picture was of myself at my first birthday and the last picture was of Brandon at the age of 1. The cake was fantastic too. I HIGHLY recommend the company I used to make her cakes. She was BEYOND reasonably priced and it was very YUMMY!

 The cookies were made by Jolie Delights. They were a big hit with the guests, every single one was eaten. Bristol loved to look at them, I even gave her a little bite too!

 Big girl sitting on the pool table with all her gifts. I am so glad we thought about putting her on the table with all her gifts. Don't worry, there were at least 6 other adults there ready to catch her if anything happened. My aunt bought Bristol that minnie doll, it was a birthday minnie. She is holding a balloon and it sings happy birthday. Bristol loved it!

 Bristol was interested in every.single.present. She would smile every time I opened a new gift and showed her what is was. Precious girl got a lot of clothes ( yay for clothes! I LOVE clothes, especially for Bristol) and lot of "minnie" stuff.

 She dove right into the cake except she wouldn't put the icing in her mouth. She kept sticking her hand in the icing and would act like she was going to eat it and then would pull her hand away. I got the biggest laugh at her. FINALLY, she decided " what the heck! let me see how this tastes!" Once she got a good taste, girlfriend kept going back for more. I had to pull the cake away, I didn't want her to get sick. She hasn't really had any sweets until the week before her birthday for her birthday pics. But she loved it all!

 Can it get any sweet than this? Of course she wouldn't smile for us, but that's ok. Afterall, she is her mother's daughter. I wouldn't smile for ANYTHING. She smiled for all the inside pics just not outside pics. I guess I don't blame her, it was HOT HOT HOT and humid outside that day.
I love this collage, it highlights some of the decorations from the party. I seriously could have looked at all the decorations all day long. I think I told my mom that 56 times that day. 


Bristol's party went GREAT! Better than I expected to be honest. I loved every single thing about it. I worked so hard on her decorations and putting it all together. It was worth every late night, shopping trip and internet surfing to find the "perfect" idea/decoration, etc. She was so happy during the whole party. She had no nap and was not feeling well due to cutting more teeth. We had a great turn out and are so thankful to everyone that came and spoiled our sweet girl. She was showered with gifts but more importantly love. She is so blessed to have such awesome friends and family that love and care about her, more than she will ever know.

I am so thankful for this past year I got to share with my Boo Boo. I love her so much and can't imagine my life without her!

Happy 1st Birthday Boo!










1 comments:

Wendi said...

That is SO CUTE!!! Sorry we missed it, but glad everything went so well. I'll meet up with you soon at CCA to give you her gift & bring you a Diet Dr. Pepper from CFA!