Friday, December 11, 2009

craft time

My first attempt at making my first homemade christmas cookie plate :) Not too bad, I guess. This was fun but VERY tedious!

I figured out that you need a VERY STEADY hand when writing small letters on a salad plate. Let's just say my hand steady-ness ( if that's a word ) is not up to par but I will be working on it. I also learned that I needed a fine tip pen rather than the bullet tip pen. Oh well, first time and I don't think it turned out too bad. I have to let it try for 24 hours then stick the plate in the oven for 35 mins on 300 degrees. The paint will set and it then becomes dishwasher safe.

I think I am going to start making these for people. It will keep be busy and earn a little extra cash, why not?

I can get ANY saying or quote for ANY plate, dinner or salad plate.

I don't know why the picture is so small, sorry. Hopefully you can click on it and enlarge it.





Well that's it for now. :)

0 comments: