Thursday, August 9, 2012

Over the last year

Over the last year I have had my ups and downs, smiles and frowns and laughter and tears. Over last year, it has been a whirlwind of new life experiences - failures to triumphs and "let's try this again". Over the last year I have gotten to do a lot of things that "working" moms would love to do with their baby. Over the last year I have had to watch my spending and become "frugal". Over the last year I have had to completely give myself to a little baby in order to put her first. Over the last year I have had to learn how to juggle being a first time mom, wife, daughter, sister and lover of God. Over the last I have had to put me second and Bristol first. Over the last year I have had to learn how to take a 5 minute shower, apply my makeup in 1 minute and throw my hair up in a bun. Over the last year I have made many first time mommy mistakes. Over the last year I have realized that motherhood is a tough job, it's not for the birds. Over the last year I have realized that it is so easy to get wrapped up in to comparing your child to another child. Over the last year I have realized that finishing my degree is probably one of my biggest and most proud moments of my 28 years of life. Over the last year, that it takes a village to raise a child. 

Over the last year I have opened my eyes to so many things that I never knew before. I just named a few, but trust me, there are so many more things that I have learned over the last year being a stay at home mom. I am forever grateful that I got to spend the last year at home with my sweet baby. 

A new chapter begins August 13th. I start my new job. 


0 comments: